Now accepting applications for the 2020 - 2021 School year!
BJS TEP Application Process
Applications are reviewed upon receipt.
Early Application Deadline for 2020-2021: November 18, 2019
Those who apply by November 18, will be considered for early acceptance to the 2020-2021 Boulder Journey School Teacher Education Program
Application Deadline for 2020-2021: February 17, 2020
Rolling Application Deadline for 2020-2021: TBD
Those who miss the application deadline may still be considered for the 2020-2021 Boulder Journey School Teacher Education Program
Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Boulder Journey School Teacher Education Program Application: Complete this application first. Click on the button below to submit the application. If you have questions or would like assistance, contact email@example.com
- Applicants must have a conferred Bachelor’s Degree or must be in their final year of a Bachelor’s Degree Program to apply to the BJS TEP.
- This application requires two official transcripts from all Colleges/Universities attended, an essay, resume, and 2 professional letters of recommendation.
- The application does not have a save feature, so please plan accordingly.
2. Colorado Department of Education Licensure Application (CDE): You do not need to have applied to the CDE at the time of applying to the BJS TEP, however, you will want to begin the process. Click on the button below to view the instructions to apply for your Alternative License Application. If you have questions or would like assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- This application requires that you submit fingerprints as the first step using the instructions on the link.
- This application requires 1 official transcript from all colleges/Universities attended.
- This application requires that you complete this worksheet before applying for your Alternative Teaching License (Early Childhood Education 0-8). http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/ecealt
If it is determined that you need to take a PRAXIS Exam, both 5024 and 5001 are accepted exams.
- If you already hold a Teaching License from any state, please contact email@example.com for further instructions.
3. University of Colorado Denver Application (CU Denver): This application will be completed after acceptance to the BJS TEP. CU Denver will send specific instructions on the application process.
- Boulder Journey School will send CU Denver one of your official transcripts and letters of recommendation for this application.
- More details about this application will come after acceptance to the BJS TEP.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-443-8909 with questions or to schedule an informational meeting.