We host an annual conference to support participatory exploration of topics related to quality and innovation in education.
Save the Date for the 2021 Boulder Journey School Virtual Summer Conference
June 24 & 25, 2021
Details coming soon
2020 Summer Conference Topics
- Innovating in Uncertain Times with Alison Maher, Executive Director and Andrea Sisbarro, School Director
- What Sound Does a Space Chicken Make? with Greg Morgan, Mentor Teacher and Alex Morgan, Community Outreach Specialist
- Math Is… with Kirsten Zimbelman, Mentor Advisor
- The Realities and Nuances of Observation, Documentation, and Assessment with Jen Selbitschka, Teacher Education Program Director
- An Ongoing Investigation of Home: Moving from Concept to Deeper Meaning with Jacie Engel, Studio Teacher and Nicole Gold, Mentor Teacher
Facilitated Focus Group Topics
- Documentation, The Link that Ties Us Together - facilitated by Laura Freund, Mentor Teacher and Jen Selbitschka, Teacher Education Program Director
- Playing with Math - facilitated by Kirsten Zimbelman, Mentor Teacher and Kayla Klinzing, Mentor Teacher
- Preparing to Return Back to School During COVID - facilitated by Vicki Oleson and Fara Cortez, School Directors
- Complexities of Being Back During COVID - facilitated by Andrea Sisbarro, School Director
- Staying Connected with Families During COVID - facilitated by Mollie Lyne, Mentor Teacher and Liz Mark, Mentor Teacher
- The Infant Experience of Home Learning - facilitated by Charlotte Hunt, Mentor Teacher and Brittny Johnson, Mentor Teacher
- Moving Forward as School Leaders and Change Agents - facilitated by Alison Maher, Executive Director
- Exploring Expressive Languages During Social Distancing - facilitated by Jacie Engel, Studio Teacher
- Curriculum Planning in Unknown Times - facilitated by Erin Smarr, Mentor Teacher and Lauren Berry, Mentor Teacher
- Technology as a Medium for Connection - facilitated by Alex Morgan, Community Outreach Specialist and Greg Morgan, Mentor Teacher
- Through the Lens of The Nest - facilitated by Nina Somps, Mentor Teacher and Maureen Condon, Mentor Teacher
2016 Summer Conference
“There were so many concepts that I plan to take back to my classroom and implement immediately, but the most incredible parts of the conference and presentations were those which allowed for deep thinking and processing that will happen over time.”
- Reflection from a participant
- Reflection from a participant
“I have been refreshed and rejuvenated in in my understanding of ‘how’ and ‘why’ we create experiences and opportunities alongside children.”- Reflection from a participant
2015 Summer Conference
Storify is a social network service that lets the user create stories or timelines using social media such as Twitter.
Click below to read the Storify from the 2015 conference:
"The Brainzooming™ Group is the catalyst for business people needing to successfully identify and implement strategic, innovative ideas." - from the Brainzooming Website
Mike Brown, founder of The Brainzooming Group, opened the conference. Click below for one his blog posts reflecting on the experience:
2014 Summer Conference
A reflection from Hallie and Anthony Smith, Brisbane, Australia
In the past two days we have been given a far too brief insight into the exceptional staff, teaching practices and philosophies that make this school a landmark school for educators.
We are envious of the fortunate families, both children and parents, who get to experience the wonderful day to day experiences and activities that are presented on a daily basis.
Thank you for making this conference so worthwhile, we will leave you not only with a wide range of new ideas and experiences but a new found level of enthusiasm and interest.
Thanks again and we hope to one day return in the not too distant future.
2013 Summer Conference